Sunday, September 25, 2016

53 Didn't Change Much of Anything

I passed my 54th birthday back in March and guess what?  Not much has changed!  I'm still heavy.  But I'm not giving up. 

The problem with these weightloss blogs is that they all sound the same.  "I did this and  never felt better!" seems to be a common refrain.  That might be true, but getting out of the starting gate is really difficult for me.  Follow through is an issue.  The new diet is great... for about three days.  The new exercise routine feels wonderful until the achiness becomes overwhelming and feel like I'll never move again.  I don't know what the secret is.  I admit this freely.

I don't know what to do about that.  I am so heavy that I am uncomfortable.  Tying my shoes is hard.  Finding clothes that fit  well is nearly impossible.  I started buying some clothes from LuLaRoe and I love the patterns and the clothes - but only a few of the ones hanging in my closet actually fit me.  It's frustrating.

My mom was recently in the hospital with colitis.  For a week, she had bags of IV antibiotics, clear broth and jello.  It was practically a starvation diet, but necessary for her to heal.  Now she's in rehab for a week and gets to have bananas, rice, applesauce and toast (the BRAT diet) - and she's thrilled!  She's frail, my  mom.  Insulin-dependent diabetic with osteoporosis and a serious heart condition.  I look at her and I see me in a few years... and I don't want to be her (at least not in that respect).  I MUST do something about this weight before it takes me down.

I'm ruminating now about a course of action I would stick with.  It has to be realistic, something that works with my family's needs as well as my own.  I can't just do my own thing. 

Sigh. 

No comments: